Actually, I’m a little bit confused about the language I’m gonna use because I want everybody understand what I write so we can learn together. So here’s the condition, I’m gonna write the important part, like sewing terms, both in Bahasa and English and the rest in English, okay? 🙂
On my first day of my sewing class I didn’t know what to bring, so I just brought my mini note book and a pen.
And first thing I learned is the things I should have. Here’s the list:
- Note book, in Bahasa we call it “Buku Costume“. I don’t know if we can call it “Costume Book” in English or not, because when I google costume book the result is not the same. Buku Costume is an A4 size note book that have plain paper and striped paper side by side, so it’ll easier for you to write down the lessons/instructions and draw the cloth pattern.
- Ruller (penggaris).
- Rubber (penghapus).These are things I have bought. You can see the book there, which has striped and plain papers.
- Sewing needle (jarum tangan).
- Pin (jarum pentul).I bought pin with flat top because I wanna make pins like these
- Measurement tape (meteran)
- Scale (“skala” in Bahasa). It’s like ruler but in scale.
- Tracing paper or paper carbon (karbon jahit)
- Tracing wheel (rader), the picture is like this (from top to bottom: new, Dritz, pinpoint)
- Pattern paper, we can use newspaper or brown paper (kertas sampul).
- Pattern draft ruler (penggaris jahit).Actually I have no idea which one I should buy first.
Now, let’s go shopping and buy all the things we need 🙂